• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farmington Hills Deuce @ VFW?

todds112

Was visiting my nephew in FH on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On a food run we passed the VFW and there was a nice Duece there. I wanted to stop and check it out, but it was night time, and didn't want to get shot or anything.

Flew from Wyoming to Dayton, OH then drove to Detroit and the highlight of the trip was seeing a nice M35A2. Go figure.:roll:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's there all the time or quite often. Everytime I drive out that way it's there. Opie65 or 73X might be familiar with it as they are from F or FH.

73X

If you want any pics or information let me know I will get it for you. I am a member of the American Legion post where it is displayed. It is the Groves-Walker post no. 346.

73X

Here are some pics from the deuce sitting at my American Legion Post. It is a 1960 M35A2C If anyone wants or needs more let me know.

Attachments

todds112

Very nice thanks! It looked nice in the dark. I thought it was a winch truck but couldn't have swore to it. Nice to see it in the daylight and not going past a 40 MPH. Would have loved some seat time, but seeing it was still pretty darn cool.

Thanks for the pics.

gunboy1656

It is a nice looking winch truck.

I am curious about the wiper motors, I have not seen ones like that.

Also, interesting to see the tire size difference.

73X

I have absolutely no idea regarding the wiper motors I have never seen any like that. At some point I hope the Deuce Gurus will let us know. The winch truck is running stock 9.00s and mine is running 11.00 Michelins.
The winch truck is overall not in too bad of shape rust holes on the hood, fenders and doors down low but the floor looks solid. The soft top looks good with no rips or tears as does the cargo cover. The truck has been sitting there for a year without moving and may be for sale as the owner has no where to store it so I am going to research this one.

73X

I spoke to a young lady at the post who gave me the phone number and address for the owner. Here's hoping he wants to sell. I was informed that he has no where to keep it and the neighbors complain everytime it does go home.
Wish me luck.

68t

The westland vfw did have a tank at the post, but having not been there in a while. i was in the american legion post in Livonia. also enjoyed going to thunder over mi. each year.:-D

73X

If you make it up my way again I will be happy to take you over to my post and buy you a bottle "o" cheer.
I enjoy going to other posts to meet new folks and hear new stories.

68t

thanks 73x, i be up for the beer:-D i sure like going to the vfw and AL. the north has the best post of all, plenty of food and the bar, wow we don,t got much going down here. a lot of the post down here do not have a bar. my nephews live in westland, they in to cars, i am going to try to be up for thunder over michigan this years, if ok. i will keep in touch, i ,v had some good time in your area. :-D wendell