• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feul Cleaning

dmetalmiki

Well having watched with interest other members sorting out alternative feul options and having travelled a round trip of some 200 miles to collect 14 , 50 gallon drums of contamm which turned out to be 7 drums of water!!! (not even wmo or hydraulic fluid)..So I was driven to resolve my contaminated contam (if you get my drift)..as the remaining drums had at least 25% water..some wmo and some mixed. Right! so I purchase a bag filter set up plus a centrifuge set up.
I am trying out the one micron filter cartridge type first. Using gravity feed only Seems too slow and blocks easily at one micron. But I will leave it dripping overnight and check (and report) tommorow.
Then I will go to 10 micron reducing to 5 micron. Gravity feed. and if unsatisfactory, I will pump it through.
Then I f unsatisfactory, I will centifuge it , and report back.
Here are some pictures of the initial gravity feed set up.

Attachments

cbvet

For me, gravity was just way too slow.
I make simple adapter plugs that I can clamp the bags onto, glue a piece of pipe into them, then run a piece of cheap sump-pump hose from my barrel to the filter. I maintain just enough pressure to keep the filter bags "filled out, so no danger of rupturing a filter. Filtered oil then goes into a clean drum.
I use a drop tube screwed into the large bung on a 55 gallon drum and less than a pound of air pressure put into the small hole in the drum. (Think aerosol can.)
55 Gallons of mixed used oil will filter in about 1 hour this way, while you're working on other things.
So if you filter in 3 stages like I do, it takes about 4 hours to do 55 gallons. But again, once it's hooked up you can walk away for an hour.

nk14zp

Well having watched with interest other members sorting out alternative feul options and having travelled a round trip of some 200 miles to collect 14 , 50 gallon drums of contamm which turned out to be 7 drums of water!!! (not even wmo or hydraulic fluid)..So I was driven to resolve my contaminated contam (if you get my drift)..as the remaining drums had at least 25% water..some wmo and some mixed. Right! so I purchase a bag filter set up plus a centrifuge set up.
I am trying out the one micron filter cartridge type first. Using gravity feed only Seems too slow and blocks easily at one micron. But I will leave it dripping overnight and check (and report) tommorow.
Then I will go to 10 micron reducing to 5 micron. Gravity feed. and if unsatisfactory, I will pump it through.
Then I f unsatisfactory, I will centifuge it , and report back.
Here are some pictures of the initial gravity feed set up.
I would start with the 10 micron first then 5 then 1. If you wanted you could make a stand to hold all three and filter it in one pass.

randini

I would start with the 10 micron first then 5 then 1. If you wanted you could make a stand to hold all three and filter it in one pass.
Thats what I do, or even 4 filters. I have a 50,20,5 and 1 micron. In that order. It is not that much more time than a single filter. And it done in one pass. Unless the 1 micron is clogging, then it takes days to filter, so use clean bags!

eric_banks32

Run it throught the centrifuge then through the filters. ten micron and then the five. Anything smaller than 5 is just a waste of time and money in my opinion. I work at a large biodiesel plant and that is how we are set up. It works well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks