• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

few GSA questions

84cucv1ton

some friends and i bid on some things on GSA. i thought this would be ok. they said the had the money or so i thought. anyway, dont have all of it. been a while since i have used gsa. one of the guys said the rules changed. need to pay in three days. not going to make that. then it goes back up for auction. i called them late friday. didnt get a call back yet.

so is this true?? if i could get to the gsa website i would look for myself. thanks

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read you need to pay within 2 business days or you get fees and probably lose the item. I just won a deuce this past week, thats what happened to me.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From the GSA page, terms and conditions
As a defaulted bidder, you will be responsible for the payment of liquidated damages, an administrative fee for the processing and re-handling of the item for which you neglected to pay for and/or remove. The charge will total 20% of the purchase price of the award amount or $200, whichever is greater. The Government shall be entitled to retain (to collect) this amount of the purchase price of the item(s) as to which the default occurred.
# In the event of a default, a bidder will lose all rights to place bids for other items for sale on GSA Auctions® until liquidated damages have been paid and the payment processed (see below). Defaulted bidders will only be allowed to "browse" items. At the time that liquidated damages are paid, the bidder will be given access to begin bidding on items.

papercu

It's two days,
If you are awarded an item on GSA Auctions®, you have a responsibility to pay for the item or lot that you were awarded within 2 business days from the date & time the award email notification was sent and promptly remove it within 10 business days from the date & time the award email notification was sent, unless otherwise specified in the contract. If you fail to meet either of these two conditions, you will be in violation of the online sale terms and conditions of your contract with the Government and will be considered “in default”.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do default, you WILL have to pay the default fee. They will send it to the Treasury Department for collection. :shock:

They have changed the rules because of too many deadbeat bidders.

84cucv1ton

great, all this trouble and im probably going to lose them. thanks guys. that what i get. i thought to myself this was a bad idea. should have listened

The G Man

I would probably look for some new friends if they claimed to have the money and didn't.:evil:
I agree but don't feel like the Lone Ranger without Tonto. I have been screwed over and I bet alot of others on here have also. What burns my @$$ more than a 3 foot fire is usually it was my family.

Now when someone wants to "go in" I tell them my favorite quote from Ronnie Reagan " Trust but Verify"

They soon ask me what thats means and I tell them.. I need the cash up front

littlebob

some friends and i bid on some things on GSA. i thought this would be ok. they said the had the money or so i thought. anyway, dont have all of it. been a while since i have used gsa. one of the guys said the rules changed. need to pay in three days. not going to make that. then it goes back up for auction. i called them late friday. didnt get a call back yet.

so is this true?? if i could get to the gsa website i would look for myself. thanks
I'd move them from the list I call friends and put them in th people I know catagory.