• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field trips!

rdixiemiller

Dudes and Dudettes
I have got a great field trip coming up in a couple of weeks! One of my equipment suppliers has installed several 2K paint mix systems at the Marine Corps Logistics base in Albany Ga. Seems there are some problems with the pumps they use to mix CARC, problems that will require my attention as a consulting engineer. That means I get to go down to the base and see all the A3's they are painting! That and the HUMVEE and cargo truck armor kits. Keeping the paint equipment up and running is critical to them at the moment, for obvious reasons. I asked if I could take some pics of the trucks (non classified info, obviously) and was given the OK. This will be a great way to spend a couple of days, and I can honestly say that I will be doing a small part in helping our troops.

Getting some nice pictures will be fun too!

I will post some pics when I get them ready.

On another note, I will be in NW Fla this Sun.-Tues. for a funeral. When the funeral is over, I am going to visit a military junkyard that I dealt with almost 20 years ago. I am hoping it is still in business. At the time, it was full of M-34's, a few M-35's, quite a few of the M-135's and M-211's, as well as several M123's. I am hoping to get a line on some decent parts, so watch for some more info on Thursday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks