• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fillin' the gap??

Rickyoday

RE: Fillin

Of the 20 or so M1009's I've bought or serviced, I've never seen anything there. It seems like there should be something to keep debris out, or protect the wiring. But I'm no expert! Rick.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks like there are at least two bolt holes you can use to mount a flat piece of steel over the area. Don't weld anything in, because that gap was provided for a possible reason - to allow access to the taillight wiring for mods, etc.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial

My M1009 has that gap too. At first I thought is look awkward, but now I just chalk it up as a military vehicle quirk. Looks like an easy fix. If anyone caries it LMC will carry it, but I have not found it in the few minutes I looked.
www.lmctruck.com

Armada

Hey BK, I noticed your signature. Sounds like a great project. Are you using the 1009 as the platform vehicle and the 87 as the donor? What are the plans? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

BKinzey

Yes, two to make one. Exterior will be semi-mil looking but it will have a gray civi interior. Engine will be a 6.5L Turbo.

So it's not a Resto as much as it is a build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks