• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

filter change on the deuce

kipman

My truck was hard to start and would idle very poorly so final got around to a filter change. could not believe what came out of the primary filter,runs way better now.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the secondaries also, that can only help the situation. If you got alot of gunk out of the primary, check the 2 others!

acetomatoco

What is the long filter on the left, certainly not a M/F deuce primary....which is a short paper filter, albeit metal wrapped in some iterations.????

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What is the long filter on the left, certainly not a M/F deuce primary....which is a short paper filter, albeit metal wrapped in some iterations.????

I believe that on another filter thread here, that some folks had found this long filter in their primary canister direct from the gummint. Obviously the spring and assorted hardware that keeps the standard shorty filter suspended was MIA....

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ace, That type of filter is cleanable and re useable. It does need the cup and spring to be effective though. I have a short one made of the same material. It's supposed to be white!

Bill W

Thats a micro-bond filter element
My M-37 and my M-38 had this type filter element mounted on the pickup tube in the fuel tank. They were also in other M-series. It has a 30-40 micron rating and resistant to passing water, they don't have much of filter surface area so they clog quicker than pleated paper elements BUT ( as mentioned) they are cleanable. I pulled mine out of the (37) tank and put a spinon filter under the bed.

acetomatoco

Yup, had never seen one in use before... leaves no room in the bottom for water and trash to collect...had seen them in use intank though...in various rigs...wonder how they seal the bottom

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They seal the same as the ones with the cork gaskets, with the little cone at the bottom. When I got my 1st set of filters, the primary was the white, re usable one. I thought it was incorrect, so Im called Norm...AVTE..and he took the time to splain me 'bout it. Then I saw a post from cranetruck about them. I can't post pics now...guess it takes a few days to rid my account of stuff. I'll post a pic of the short filter when i'm able to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks