• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

filter change

spentshell

Good day with the Deuce

Changed the fuel filters ,air filter, and was debating draining the fuel tank when my oil burner guy stopped by and checked the tank for water.No water in the tank which surprised me so I will probably top it off with some fresh stuff and burn it off considering theres only about a quarter tank left.What Is the recommended additive for the tank, like a fuel stable or sulfur additive, that will also help with winter temperatures?

Attachments

acetomatoco

RE: Good day with the Deuce

Gas won't keep the water from freezing in the lines and filters.. Put some winter Diesel conditioner in there ...available at your friendly auto parts store.. I saw it yesterday at Advance Auto for about 7 bux a quart

sprucemt

Another important step is to remember to keep the fuel tank full during the spring and fall which helps reduce the condensation created during and from the temp changes. You can also reduce moisture in the tank by refueling from a trip, while the fuel is warm, versus the next day after the fuel has cooled. Same goes for hydraulic systems.

Westech

CPL

never had water freeze in any fuel line.. you have to have a lot of water in there. like stick a hose in there or leave the cap off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks