• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter disks for flame heater

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Test your flame heater nozzle in a clear plastic bottle to verify the spray pattern. If you have an extra intake manifold, test the whole thing as shown in the image here.
During the test shown below, I noticed that the flame is easily snuffed out by the forced airflow (from the turbo), which uses a more narrow manifold (the picture shows the N/A engine manifold), which prompted me to make a "flame detector" with a pilot light to indicate a flame, but that's another story.
Bottom line is that the N/A intake manifold with slower airflow seems more reliable than the turbo manifold.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Thanks Bjorn,
Great information as usual:-D.
All is apart on my truck now so I will be going through the system.
I know about your flame detector. Are you still producing them?
BC

chvss65

Great
wish I had the imagination and know how, what a useful item for the deuce
its just one of those things, is it working or not
the motor always seemed to "clean" up faster at start when I used it, but this way ya know for sure.
Thanks again
Larry

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, I'm working on these. Thanks for your patience, I have trouble getting motivated these days and can remember when I'd get this kind of thing done in 24 hrs...like several decades ago....
Image shows where I am today, a batch with light sensors installed....

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:)
Motivation is hard to understand. It doesn't take a lot of energy to solder a few electronic components together and I still keep pushing it off....okay, I'll get on it right now....update later today.....
Signing out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks