• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filters for m35a3

Coalman

I was told today That I should run only caterpillar brand filters in my truck as the other brands don't seam to work as good If so where is the best place to purchase other than local cat dealer (realy expensive)

smoke

I would try online (ebay ,etc.......). I worked for a small trucking company part time that had some cats. we used baldwins,lubefinder and fleetguards never had a problem.2cents I did notice when we had cat filter the filter themselve were heavier then the rest. Maybe built out of alittle thick metal? I don't know. As long as filters meet the engine requirements you can use them.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My cat dealer had samples of all major filter brands cut open along with CAT filter. If this was legitimate, the CAT filter appeared to be significantly better. Who knows? The price I paid for CAT filters (oil and fuel) wasn't that bad. I went to a CAT offroad dealer and the filters had to be ordered and maybe that was why the price wasn't that bad.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Anything painted Cat yellow is going to cost you more money..........not saying that their products are not better than the others.

I would contact Fleetpride (FleetPride: Homepage) and see what they say........since you are not dealing with warrenty issues I would think you can run any filter that will cross reference.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the Fram Filters. My M35A2 and even my MEP-003A genset came with Fram filters. The only exception was my M35A3 which came with CAT oil and fuel filters and Fleetguard winch hydraulic fluid filter.

PowerstrokeNC

I bought the CAT filters for my A3 and they were less than $40.00 with tax didn't seem to spendy, that was Oil and Fuel. I also ot the High Efficiency versions which were a few bucks more each.

olewhiskey

Mix of Cat and Fram on mine straight from the Georgia National Guard and undetermined unit origin from my Winch model(Redstone).

garp

You should spend a whole day finding the best deal on the most obscure off brand filter made in China or prehaps a floating barge off the coast of Sri Lanka. Hopefully they will use only the finest ground waterbuffalo dung as filter media. Or,stop by your local Cat dealer and get the right filters that are built by the same people who designed and built the engine in the first place. I have seen many people think they are saving huge amounts of money buying will-fit filters. The proof is in oil sampling, Cat filters will produce cleaner samples. Run a 1R-1807 oil filter, see for yourself how cleanyour oil stays. I doubt you are going to put 50,000 miles a year on, so how much are you actualy going to save. Yes, I may be biased. But, I have seen this all first hand and have nothing to gain or loose.

BadMastard

My a3 came with a phram ph49a filter attached, but I just put the cat filter on. Here's the list I have for all the filters.

Oil- 1R1807
Fuel- 7E9763
Trans spin on (external)- 1R0713
Air- P520925

Generally speaking, my experience is keeping the filter changed on a regular basis is the best medicine for keeping the oil clean. It's not a bad idea to have a friend with an a2 or buy one yourself for your wmo. besides, with current gas prices, I'm starting to think driving my a2 on wmo is making a lot of sense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks