• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filters

Srjeeper

Desert Duce Surplus has complete filter packs. OD Iron, Spruce Mtn Surplus, Saturn Surplus to name just a few.

Rebelpride

I have read about the correct CFM for the air filter, what is the CFM for OEM filters, and what would happen if I used a filter that allowed more air like K&N.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reb you would see a little more boost. But not much more power. Most of the restriction seems to be in the intake manafold.

deuceman51

I am working on a group buy on baldwin filters for the M35a2 multifuel. Pm me if you are interested. I'm finalizing the paperwork to be a dealer and will post the prices when I get that done.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebelpride said:
I have read about the correct CFM for the air filter, what is the CFM for OEM filters, and what would happen if I used a filter that allowed more air like K&N.
This may not rank as one of my better advice, but for a short test on a clear calm day, remove the filter element and drive without any at all, to see what the difference is at the extreme.
Chances are that there will be very little difference unless the engine is working at full load/power.

I have a gauge installed to measure the vacuum in the filter canister and can compare notes, if you go this route.

There were some long discussions on this a couple of years ago, a search may give you some hits.

sprucemt

What goes in is regulated by what can go out. Pipe diameter of the exhust would need to be increased to get the increased airflow out. 410 cfm for the Donaldson issue air filter if I remember correctly.

acetomatoco

All filters available cheap at any Napa, except the air filter... however the civvy version is ok for most uses...

sprucemt

Wasn't gonna do this, but since "stan" is re-plugging od iron, here goes. www.sprucemtsurplus.com has the genuine issue fuel and air filters for the duece. Check out the M35 page.

Sooner or later steelsoldiers will have a dealer list available.

There are a multitude of dealer choices for duece parts and filters. Some dealers carry genuine issue parts and filters. Some dealers carry commercial aftermarket parts and filters. Make sure you are aware of what you are buying and that it fits "your" needs.

co_rotorhead

Pulled my M35 filter and it says 410 CFM. Anyone know if the filter at NAPA has the same CFM? What is the CFM tolerance - 410 CFM +or- ? Thanks

comdiver

Has anyone used the lower rated filter? If you were useing it and there was a problem wouldn't the air filter warning tell us it needed to be changed? I would guess that as either filter got dirty we could have a problem and the one with a lower rating may have a problem first.

sprucemt

Lack of cfm equals lack of horsepower does it not? The issue filter is designed, overrated to allow some flow restriction without effecting max HP. Where the other filter is rated somewhere in the 300 to 325 cfm range. Someone with the other filter should advise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks