• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

filters

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TNJ Murray, Memphis Equipment. Check out Military Vehicles magazine, there are lots of advertizers that have them. Make sure the filters you get come with the correct can gaskets.

houdel

Hi Bigmech. Nice to see another MVer that is "kinda almost" a neighbor (well, maybe 200 miles is streching the point a bit, but...". I'll go along with Saturn, Memphis, TNJ Murray for most parts. Check out the filter interchange list at http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=3&pid=17.

Actually, check out both the TM and TA links under "Resources", there is a great wealth of info there. But if you read the fine print at the bottom of the filter interchange TA, you will note that most aftermarket fuel filters require some rework to fit properly, and none of the fuel filter gaskets supplied with the filters are a good fit. The best fit are Baldwin filters.

I ordered a complete set of Baldwin filters on line from B-Line Filter & Supply, http://www.blinefilter.com/. I paid $5.47 for the oil filters (2 reqd), $4.16 for the primary fuel filter, $5.06 for the secondary/final fuel filters (2 reqd), and $0.79 for the correct fuel filter gaskets (3 reqd). My total with shipping was under $35 for a complete set of filters (except for the air filter).

Note also that NO aftermarket air filter meets the 410 CFM flow requirement, those MUST be ordered as milsurp from of the suppliers already mentioned, price is around $25-$35 but they last a long time so you really don't need one until the air filter guage on your dash panel says so.

Good luck on the new truck and welcome to the family. One truck is never enough, what are you planning for your next purchase?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks