• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filters

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I got side track with the holidays and other projects. I am now ready to filter the heating oil and other fuels I got for a good price. I have one filter that looks like steel wool. It will be first in line to remove any large particles. My question is for the next two filters. I have one large fuel filter and one filter/water seperator. Should I put the regular filter second and the filter/seperator third, or viseversa? After I filter the fuel I will dump in some diesel 911. Also what is the filter # for our filters on the motor?

westfolk

Keep in mind the seals that come with the NAPA filters won't work for the fuel filters. The seals for where the can meets the base.

westfolk

Thanks for that one Jed. Couldn't remember the Napa # for those. I have a box of them from Memphis still.

tbrenner

I had just bought some oil and fuel filters from Napa for my first M35 for when I go to pick it up. Are you saying I need Napa #5070 gaskets for the secondary fuel filters.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no expert on the filtering but it was me Water filter first just like the truck had. then fuel and the fuel again. If you look on the truck the first filter /water had bottom valve.
Then if any water slid by the sec. filter had drain on bottom and if any slid by that filter the third one had water drain on bottom. After all that don't think there would be much water in system if you found water and keep an eye on all the filters.Let your first water/filter catch trash. then you can dump it everytime before you start up.Just my .02

westfolk

Yes, To do a filter change using NAPA filters......You need: 2----1133 oil filters, 2----3512 fuel filters(secondary), 1----3511 fuel filter(primary), and 2----5070 seals(gaskets). The ones that come with the fuel filters are not the right size. So you need 2 for the secondary. I can't remember, but I think the gasket/seal that comes with the 3511 filter does work. If you want play it safe and get another 5070, you'll use it sometime.

gimpyrobb

Well, I got everything setup tonight. I will try for pics tomarrow. Currently I have a gravity feed system, but will use an eletric fuel pump soon. So far so good.

gimpyrobb

Mad, Yes! I have more spoons in the pot than you can shake a stick at. I got over tonight with some fuel cans! Holy cripes is it slow. I filled up to cans and called it. I came home and dug out a fuel pump right away! Next I pulled the stock seats out of the cab and installed a set of the charter bus seats from the back. The set of three fit in GREAT! I just need to figure how I want to mount to the floor. After that I will be looking for some rolls of canvas to re-cover. I also have a stretcher for the 725 that needs re-covered. I got new tips for the plasma cutter, so its time to try custom rims too. In order for that to happen, I need to clean out the garage! No time for drinking this weekend. (Yeah right) Let me get the camera and I'll load a pic.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know what the NAPA gasket number is for the gasket between the oil filter housing at the top and the screw down bolt/tube? I would prefer to get this thru NAPA along with everything else, but I am not picky. After my oil change I still have a bit of leaking from that gasket.

houdel

Some of the smaller chains carry a line of automotive hardware named "Doreman", as best I remember. My local Parts Plus carries it, the clerk dug around through the drawers and found some that were a near perfect match. The OD was slightly smaller than original but still larger than the bolt head. Cost me somewheres on the $0.25 each price range, worked perfectly.

houdel

I kind of doubt gasket paper would hold up to torsional loading as the bolt is secured. We are talking about the hard red fiber gaskets under the bolt head securing the oil filter cannister to the oil filter and cooler body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks