• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally delivered M1028. Few questions.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally received my CUCV from Albany, Ga. Are these 16.5 rims or did they fit 16.5 tires on 16" rims. Rears are humvee wheels. But these fronts look like factory cucv wheels.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 16.5” rims that looks exactly like the stock 16” CUCV rims. I actually use one for as a spare for my Chevy ‘72 c20, which from the factory came with the 16.5” rims. The only problem now is the limited tire options that size.

Keith_J

Measure? The prior commercial off the shelf vehicle series was the Dodge M880. These used 16.5 inch wheels. Bolt pattern is the same but the 16.5 won't fit the rear axle

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have some 16.5 rims. I had a Dodge 880 rim or 2 and a few Ford 16.5 rims if you are interested. Not expensive in Jonestown. But shipping gets expensive.
I think I'm going to switch to the 16 inch factory rims. I have extra humvee rims but don't feel like doing the lift and 2 inch spacers just to run those wheels. The marines installed 2 humvee rims on the back and the front are 16.5 civilian rims, or maybe they are from a Dodge. I guess whatever they had laying around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you do, take some detailed pics of the decals on the doors. 67beast would love to have that pic to reproduce those decals, even if he just gets the art. Post it here please if possible. I'll PM Dave and have him come take a look.

67Beast

Whatever you do, take some detailed pics of the decals on the doors. 67beast would love to have that pic to reproduce those decals, even if he just gets the art. Post it here please if possible. I'll PM Dave and have him come take a look.
Interesting decal, I'm not sure if I could reproduce one exactly like that, but I could probably make something similar looking in a one-color decal or paint mask.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I repaint it I will pull the decal off and scan it. I can get them made if anyone wants one. I'm on the fence about keeping it the way I bought it from the USMC or repainting it in 383 Green. Its a cool looking truck with the safety tape on the sides.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on the fence about keeping it the way I bought it from the USMC or repainting it in 383 Green. Its a cool looking truck with the safety tape on the sides.
How about 383 with new safety tape and door decal? Maybe yellow tape? That would look cool and less civilian. ;-)

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks