• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally found a Deuce close to home

A friend at work told me about a duece sitting in edge of field so i went to investigate . First dont have pics yet will try to them up soon ! the truck is a 70 amg air shift front and what is left of a winch looks like someone tried to rip it off cable frayed but all inall truck loks all right the local told me a nursey own it and it has been sitting in that same spot for 2 or more years truck is very muddy tailgate is bent up bad no top on cab missing air intake mushroom housing on side . Batteries still have a little power low air buzzer came on and gages moved but motor would not turn over but looked ok from what i could see weeds very thick around it finally found owner will try to contact monday . Keep fingers crossed Thanks Kenneth

PS I will keep you posted

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: finally found a duece close to home

Sounds cool ! Good luck. [thumbzup]

RE: finally found a duece close to home

Thank you doghead If owner will sale it will need front bumper maybe side brackets , also side signal light on finders both are gone rear tial lights , and glad hands on both sides are gone , Tail gate and a soft top and top bows , and some 9.00x 20 tires Kenneth

houdel

If you don't have a 24 V military vehicle, go out there with your 12 volt civvie vehicle and a second, fully charged 12 v battery, the bigger the better, and two sets of HD battery cables. Check the engine oil, then jumper each of the batteries in the Deuce with one of the 12V batteries and try to crank it.

If it has been sitting a couple of years it probably won't start right away. Since the mushroom is missing there may be water in the intake system, so try this first with the fuel stop pulled out the way. If the engine cranks and then stops or makes clunking sounds, STOP! There is water in the cylinders, continued cranking will break some expensive engine parts.

If the engine spins freely, try a shot of ether in the intake and see if you can get it to fire. Bring along at least 10-15 gallons of fresh diesel, it takes at least ten gallons to bring the fuel level up to the in tank lift pump. If you are REAL lucky, you will be able to get the engine to run. Let it idle 30-60 seconds and make sure you get oil pressure. There is a good possibility the oil pressure gauge won't work either, so if the engine sounds good take it for a low speed spin and check out the running gear. You may be lucky and find a diamond in the rough. All the missing parts are readily available, if it runs OK all you need is a bunch of bucks to fix whateever else is wrong! These trucks can sit for years and still be ready for use. GOOD LUCK!

Got in touch with owner no sale :( . He said they have four trucks in different loacations only use them in winter and wet months they own a nursery says even after sitting several months jumper cables and new fuel and off to work they go. Says very reliable and hard working trucks but a shame to leave them out in the wheather for several months Thanks for info ! The quest continues Kenneth

CGarbee

Kenneth, I know where there are two M35's near you that are for sale, with papers...
PM me if you want to know more...

Sad to hear that the one you spotted is not for sale, but I have a cousin who uses M35's on his farm and likes them for the same reasons... runs them hard for a while, then parks them, cranks them up and runs them hard the next season... At least he parks them in the pole barn when they are not in use...

Armada

If you don't have a 24 V military vehicle, go out there with your 12 volt civvie vehicle and a second, fully charged 12 v battery, the bigger the better, and two sets of HD battery cables. Check the engine oil, then jumper each of the batteries in the Deuce with one of the 12V batteries and try to crank it.
Before cranking it, turn the ignition on. You should be able to hear the intank pump humming. Get a clear pop bottle or something like that and crack open the drain in the fuel filter. Drain the fuel into the bottle until it comes out clean. The running pump will push the fuel out. You would be amazed how much water and crud collects when the vehicle isn't used, even when it is used. After getting clean fuel, then try to start. There are 3 fuel filters.
Don't forget to check the coolant level too before starting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks