• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally got my m1009's

edgebar

bought 3 1009's in sept ft sill sale. just got them night before last. 2 camo, 1 white. they were all in better shape than i expected. better than good tires with no visible rot, 2 new spares, 3 fire extinguisher in each. minor seat issues, dashes and door panels are crap. no rust. 2 started, 1 i fear has a bad GP card, it was hanging on floor in its black box, and something is rattling around in it. will inspect today. the paint on the 2 camo looks recent ( maybe < 10 years). written on the fuel filter, fluids changed, cdr, air filter all done june 2009. inspected all fluids and they indeed are clear and new. no leaks from engine, tranny, or tranfer or diffs. batteries new 2009.
and...each had FULL tanks of fuel. drove one yesterday, ran great, but last night, headlights go totally dim, i turn around go back park turn it off, and it will not turn over now. wait a few, turn lights on without starting truck, they are very bright now. try to start and get clicking like not enough juice.
i will do the voltage checks etc for the GP one the one, it looks like the GP relay on firewall was changed out, very new and shiny.
i will do the generator test on the other today.

i would like to say, without sounding like i am blowing smoke: it is unbelievable what a resource this SS site and its members are! a guy could spend his life working on these and not have as much knowledge as is available here from all of you, it just amazes me.

i look forward to working on these and i plan to refurbish one to as new or as close as i can. one i think for my sons and as a plow truck. i think i may have the white one sold. mileage on these was camo's 43k, 34k. white 19k.
the white one, even with its low mileage is in the worst shape. dents, poor bodywork, shakes like **** going down the road, cannot manually move shift lever into first gear, maybe a guard ( no offense to you guardsmen ) truck or a school or training truck?

thanks for the help already given and for the help i am sure that i will need in the future.
and yea, i've got the bug, now i am thinking of a duece, or 5ton wrecker.....cripes

i will post pics soon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks