• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the MEP-003 running !!!

SmokeyJoeJ

Well after many setbacks and a lot of help from Speddmon I got her running this week and she is making good power!! I had all my shop lights the shop 5000 btu window AC , the house AC unit and many lights on and she was only at 50%. I then turned on all 3 hot tub motors and that pushed her to 100% What a great machine !! It just grunted a little when I added the house and stayed right on 60HZ. Thanks again Speddmon for all your support.

For those that may need to do a engine overhaul as I did almost all of the parts are available. A little pricey like:$35 per connecting rod bearing and $106 for the center main. head gaskets and a few other seals and she is good to go. :-D:-D:-D I will try to upload a video of her running later

Wrench Wench

I've gotta wonder... There's publishing on demand. You upload a PDF file for a book to the PoD company and as you have need, you order one, three, a dozen copies to be printed and bound, and it's economical.

When is someone gonna start a parts manufacturing on demand. The specs for these rods and bearings and gaskets are available. Why couldn't a MoD company reach back into their raw stock and pull out the push rod stock and then form the ends, treat for hardness, etc, drop it in a box and ship it out? A gasket? get the right thickness and material out of raw stock and have the CRC cutter punch one out, vacuum pack it, and slap a shipping label on it.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SmokeyJoe,

I'm glad I could play a small part in you getting her running. I can't wait to see the video of it running. Congrats on a job well done!