• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the ring on the DUKW

RDUKW

I thought I would share some pictures of my latest project on the DUKW. I finally got the ring mount painted and on and a bonus it fits in the garage with 1/8 of an inch clearance.

Ryan

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh sure...it wasn't enough to show us ya had a DUKW and make us all:drool::drool:

Now ya gotta add a ring and a 50??auaaua

It just ain't fair to us po folks I tell ya!!!:sad:

RDUKW

YES... it does!!

Jeese Louise...first it's a DUKW...then it has a ring and a 50...now it has a 105!:shock::shock:

As another respected SS member says in situations like this...

I CAN'T HAVE NUTHIN!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that's not my DUKW or howitzer. That DUKW is at the mechanized museum on camp Penelton. Although the 105 is on my Christmas list :)

Ryan

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
from what I read, the 105 in the back of a DUKW did not work out very well, the idea was support coming on the beach before getting to the beach, firing the 105 from a swimming DUKW, seems things DID NOT work as planed, a swimming DUKW didn't make a very good platform for a firing 105

RDUKW

All I need now is help finding a couple of early style ammo trays for the M36 with the metal side clips on the ends and the Ring will be complete.

Ryan