• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally I have aquired a M35

Superdave

I just made a deal on a M35 today and I hope to pick it up at the end of june. I have wanted one for a long time now but they are very slim pickings up here in Canada not like most do down south. It is a M35 A2 WOW and I will post some pictures when I get it next month. I did a iltis (jeep) trade and some cash for it and will drive the iltis over to BC and drive the M35 back (1100 KM road trip one way). I am now looking for a COMPLETE WINCH setup for it and if any one has one that is for sale and complete I will be attending the rally in fruitland Idaho on the 5-7 of june and also the MVPA convention in Portland in August, just PM me with any prospects.

Dave

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations, Dave! Check with Idaho Motorpool. They will most certainly have a winch kit. I shudder to think what they would want for one, though. The most I ever paid for a winch kit was $1,100. Personally, I don't think you should pay more than $1,250.

Superdave

Yes I hope to find a winch from a fellow member for around the $1000.00 mark before looking for one at the dealers. I am keeping an eye on a MLVW heer at our local base as within the next couple of years they will be getting a replacement for the MLVW (Canadian M35's). The truck is a recme unit with a hiab picker on it and would come in handy around the place.

Attachments

DanMartin

Wow...very nice! Love the HIAB cranes.

Those Canadian MLVWs are automatics with power steering and hydraulic winches if memory serves...very nice. Most came with arctic kits and fuel-fired heaters.

Good to see that they are still in-use by the military up there.

Superdave

That seems to be the canadian way as we do not have a large buget to work with the units stay in service a lot longer aroun the 25 year mark. The trucks also have the drop sides and use a V8 diesel engine.

Speedy

Superdave, OMG how did you find that? is there another left for me?
lmk pm plz :D

would be like a 3 day journey for me to get there.

Alredneck

Banned
Man thats interesting intel, congrats on the deuce! What kinda steering box is that? Where are they made at? Yea im goin to need more pics please. Way to nifty! 8.2 detroit I swore was a V8 like in the old F600 or old kodiak chevys.

rmgill

I like the short dropside bed. That looks VERY handy as a truck setup. What's also interesting is the apparently longer bed trailer in the background.

ygmir

If anyone wants a differt style crane, that will mount to the frame of a deuce.....I posted pics in the gallery just now.
I'm in northern CA.
1200 obo/trade.........you pick up.

Henry

L1A1

Super Dave
Congrats on your purchase! I didn't know that the Canadians did those mods to their M35s. I think I like those mods better than the M35A3 but, what I really like are the "combat" rims on (your?) the Canadian trucks! I wonder if those are available south of the boarder?
Matt

saddamsnightmare

June 14th, 2008.

THOSE AREN'T ROOF RACKS, that's where the crew hides when the meese stampede!!!! They do look like something Indiana Jones would've been fighting the Russians on...... Pity we Americans didn't learn to do the Canadian rehabs on our M35A2's.... They'd be good for another twenty five years service ..... What am I saying!!!! Then we wouldn't have any more for sale then they do up North!!! I still say that a properly rebuilt M35 series at least equals the FMTV in capacity and reliability.... at a lower cost and longer frame life cycle...... Maybe not an HEMTT, but then deuces can go where the bigger trucks might not fit. At from what I've seen in the last few days in the photo's from Vietnam, the duece seems to take armoring better then an FMTV...

Regards,
and happy Moose Goosing (with a deuce.... not yer car!)

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules Gasoline Generator Set, MEP023A
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB :p