• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally pics of my Deuce

Finally snapped a couple pics of it yesterday at the shop. The new aluminum bows and canvas are still in the shop. Other then that its got a new fresh motor, trans. It has a soft top, heater, HEMTT seat, gun mounts in the cab, Winch, electric wipers, troop seats, and a few other things. Its still exactly same way it come from GL on our Indy recovery trip. Soon the bed will be replaced with a drop side bed, along with the little hemroid box in the rear has been removed now from it. Soon to come alot of mods and additions to this truck.
Along with the pics heres some info if someone can identify the history of the truck, along with a shipping tag that was on it if someone can desifer the picture. I believe it has been shipped from Kuwait, but dont know. I will let someone desifer (sp) for me.
Heres the numbers outta the cab
Stock # 2320-077-1617
indentification # 045-96171 0539-12649
contract # DAAE 0670-C-0001
Rear bumper driver side 7611521
Rear bumper pass side HQ 27
Thanks

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Finally pics of my duece

Nice truck and interesting paint colors. Electric wipers....OOHH :drool:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

This is a Wreckerman exclusive long stack truck! Looks good. I'd love to hear about the aluminum bed bows, I've never even heard of them before.

Ill take some pics of them Kenny. They still have the Fed EX shipping label on them when i pulled them out of the bed :D. Yep its a WM exclusive. I was suprised to see it come from GL in this good of shape. Hence the reason i ended up with it :evil:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a 1971 truck. That's about all I can tell you.

By the way, Thanks for the u-joint. Fast shipping and it worked great!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here ya go

Organization: USPFO ACTIVITY IN ARNG
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 W/W NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:53912649 Registration Number:4J96171 Year of Mfg:1971
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 51721

In Jan 08 is was shipped or received home. It was in Kuwait with the following unit
1ST BATTALION, 152ND INFANTRY, HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY FROM NEW ALBAN, INDIANA, INARNG. This unit had been in Camp Buer, Kuwait until 10 Dec 07.

So yes, your truck is a combat veteran. I bet that makes you a proud daddy.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Couple of things could be the answer, no big conspiracy.

1. HHC normally owns the property book and maybe the truck belonged to HHC and at some point was transferred to D Co but they forgot to change the maintenance paperwork. Happens all the time as we have seen.

2. D Co might have had the responsibility to ship everything home so everything coming out of theater from that BN had their ship from data.

3. The truck may have belonged to D Co but HHC was the property book and they received everything for the BN on the receiving end no matter what the company.

I actually think #2 is correct.

Just my opinion.

lstmate

This I do know....

All of the Indiana National Guard units are receiving new trucks this year...I have been watching the change over in Evansville. So chances are that when the 152nd returned their new trucks were available and they had to give up the old ones. I would guess it is all happenstance.....

Definitely a nice looking truck!

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: This I do know....

Awful fast turn around.I think wreck bid on the truck in late January.We picked it up early this month.GL must have got it in,took a picture and put it on the site the same day!Now why can't they be that fast with EUCs and SF97s.....unless it wasn't taken off the books till the auction was over and the truck was officially sold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks