• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally scooped up my 87 M998

NCBPhantom

No they did not charge me for storage. They have M-T pick up times only and I was supposed to retrieve it NLT 21 Oct. I emailed the GP representative and told him I'd be able to pick it up on the 25th at the earliest.

NCBPhantom

Nice. tight fit on the U-Haul.
If I were to do it again I would have gone with a deckover or a wide enough equipment trailer. The Ram 2500 pulled it enough just fine, but a nice weight distribution set up would have made the ride back a lot better. It was 1200 miles round trip.

Here's a photo of the old girl that I used to pick up some saw dust down the road for bedding for my sheep. IMG_20161027_133846.jpg

3000gt

I pulled with same trailer with 1500 Sierra from Louisiana to Memphis. little scary at times was also pulling uphill the whole way back lol. it seemed like I was getting fuel every 4 hours

NCBPhantom

I pulled with same trailer with 1500 Sierra from Louisiana to Memphis. little scary at times was also pulling uphill the whole way back lol. it seemed like I was getting fuel every 4 hours
The endless hills and downhills in PA were squirrelly especially the banking, curved ones. I should have done better route recon, but I was trying to avoid New Jersey and New York City on my way down. Interstate 80 was not fun going back. Also on my way down I stopped at a friend's house just outside Cleveland to sleep and eat. On the way back I bedded down on an on ramp near some truckers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks