• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally, the M1028 is back in action

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Well, after blowing up the old motor in June, I finally got the new motor installed and it runs like a champ. Brian from BRTRUCKPARTS (very pleased) provided the awesome turnkey motor even though I was skeptical buying a used motor off of the Internet. After 15 hours of swapping, it fired right up. I am scared to even drive it without first installing a temp gauge. Who knows, if I had the gauge I might have been able to save the old motor because my dummy light failed to come on.

Attachments

mangus580

Thumbs Up to Brian.... I would trust him for just about anything as well!

Truck looks good :) Just remember, that a gauge can fail too ;-)

muddobber40

That was a quick. Glad to hear you up and going again.
Definately stick with a well known gauge manufacturer. I have had a couple fail over the years. Always had good luck with autometer though. Ever need anything else don't hesitate to email.

85-m1028

the old motor overheated right?? did you find out what failed and what caused it?? when mine went it cracked some pistons, found out the radiator was pretty gunked up inside. I had the radiator recored and upped it to a 4 row with 25% larger tubes. I also added a 110 gpm water pump from penninsular!! no more cooling probs here!!

glad to hear your back on the road again!!

85-m1028

went to a local guy here and he qouted me $360, I asked him if that was out the door he went into his office and came a minute later and said sure $360 out the door!

I was originaly thinking of going with a 5 row but he told me that the 4 row with the updated larger tubes would be plenty..

Did you get the HMMWV exhuast manifolds with the engine??

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

That seems like a lot for a recore. Kragen sells them new starting around 350. The older ones are build out of better materials. I am wondering if the performance will be better getting a good recore than one of the new ones?

85-m1028

well the price seemed right for what I wanted to spend, that included new oil and trans cooler. he did a really good job on and it would have passed as a brand new to me!!

I figured the guy was reputable and would have the best knowledge on making it work better, I am very happy with it!!

I got a 3 year waranty with it too!!