• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally took the plunge, new 923A2 owner!

kicker9898

Yeah baby, been wanting one of these trucks forever. The stars finally aligned and I had the funds to bid and win a 923A2 yesterday. I'm pumped to say the least...hopefully all is well when I arrive to pick up the truck.

Quick question, can anyone tell me what size these tires are? I assume the are 14.00x20 but I wasn't sure if any of these trucks come with 16x20 or not.

Anyone close to Sparta willing to help with a recovery for a fee? Not sure what to expect on my first recovery.

Jason

JW923A2.jpg

HASSON1911

Talk to Jeff (262-227-2967 and tell him your from SS ) for a $100 bucks he will get it off the base and store it for 2 weeks +$25 for every additional week. I think he just took mine off today. Congrats to looks likean awesome truck. What are your plans with the CTIS

kicker9898

Talk to Jeff (262-227-2967 and tell him your from SS ) for a $100 bucks he will get it off the base and store it for 2 weeks +$25 for every additional week. I think he just took mine off today. Congrats to looks likean awesome truck. What are your plans with the CTIS
If it works I will leave it at least for now. Thanks for the info!

Carlo

I remember what I felt the first truck I bought. I brought enough parts with me to build a 2nd truck on site! I did not have to many problems driving it home and I sure was proud with all the thumbs up, horn honks I got in every country I passed through on the way home.
Good luck and if you need any help let me know.

chadande

Nice looking truck, you're going to love it. These recently overhauled trucks are a steal.
I second the recommendation for using Jeff's services. He helped me over the winter and was great. For the $$ you can't go wrong.
I think you'll really like the CTIS, don't listen to all the haters. If you have trouble with it let me know.

Carlo

Nice looking truck, you're going to love it. These recently overhauled trucks are a steal.
I second the recommendation for using Jeff's services. He helped me over the winter and was great. For the $$ you can't go wrong.
I think you'll really like the CTIS, don't listen to all the haters. If you have trouble with it let me know.
This Jeff sounds like a real good guy helping people out like this. I have had zero problems with my CTIS on my M923A2 and use it often to lower presure for deep snow and even rough roads. I have only had a issue with the clutch fan. Im trying (thanks Juan) to find out where the switch is for the temp control that sends air to the clutch to make it operate. Thats it for problems. Starts 20 times better than my M931A1 and never used ether.

kicker9898

Yes he does, it sounds like $100 well invested from what I've read. Carlo, thanks that's good to hear. I hope that mine is as reliable as yours. I really wanted an A1 too, but didn't make it this time. Will be looking for a 931 next to make into a flat bed work and haul truck.

Carlo

The difference between the two motors is out of this world. I love my M931A1 but the M923A2 is so quite, and more torque. The turbo helps plus the more modern motor. I started my M931A1 last week and it was not all that cold ( -5°c ) and its a ether eater! I stopped buying the ether bottle that uses the stock system. Its cheaper by the small can but a little hard to crank the motor and spray into the air intake at the same time.
Anyway the cool part are the possibility to air down the tires on the move. Airing down in deep snow makes a BIG diff! Not to mention ruff roads.
Plus you can see much better fuel use with the 8,3 motor. Have fun!

HASSON1911

You guys couldn't be more right about your assumption of Jeff, just got a call today about my truck, he said the gen is fried some air valves are sticking, but my ctis works (so my major worry is settled, and the CTIS stays on) and all my fluids were clean as could be, Its truly the best $100 you can spend when buying from the Sparta base. He could just drive them off, but he goes the extra mile for you. Carlo I'm glad to hear what you have to say about the A2's engine, as mine has the 8.3. Oh and kicker after he recovers your truck, if you go that route, he can bet your bottom dollar your truck will make it back to your house with next to no problems, can't remember who it was but they had Jeff do this and the owner drove it back to the northern east coast with 0 problems, food for thought.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff is literally an hour or two away from delivering my 923A2. He recovered an M1009 a year ago for me, and recovered this M923A2 and is delivering it momentarily..... Good guy to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks