• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Won My Deuce...and a trailer!!!!

Witt

After trying for several months I have finally won a Deuce! It has (supposedly) 6834 miles and 65 hours on it. Somehow I find that hard to believe unless it was driven over 100 MPH everywhere it went! Hopefully I can get it and the new 105 trailer home soon. Can someone tell me if normal Government Liquidation offices will let you go down and start getting it ready for the trip home before the EUC is approved? I would'nt leave anything of value on or in it, but I have some leave coming up and thought it might be possible to go get it ready to run. Also, I have never owned a diesel before, much less one of these, could someone tell by the pictures which engine this has in it? I am also not sure what that cage is on the back, but it will have to go. Looking forward to many hours of fun sandblasting, painting, wrenching, and hopefully driving!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome win!

You will love the deuce and find that this site will be an immense help to you. Welcome to the site and I would give GL at least a month for the SF97 and EUC to clear and you will not be charged for the truck till the EUC is approved. You can tow the M105 with a full size pickup truck if you have a pintle hitch. Just don't go too fast over bumps. I hope you have a great experience picking them both up and keep the pictures going. When you pick up the trailer do a good PMCS on the truck so you know what you will need to pick it up when the EUC clears.

Again welcome or should I say Aloha

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! Two at the same time, WOW. Were there alot of other bidders? What did you end up paying for them?

therbert

First Congrads on you new truck.. I like the cage.

Camp Legeune let the guy I hired go in and check it out before I paid. May be differnt where you are, but they are usually OK to deal with from what I hear.

Hope this helps..

Witt

I think the prices are far better on these here in Hawaii than on the mainland, on the trucks anyway.

The Truck cost 541.00, and 220.00 for the trailer. I believe this one was the most expensive trailer. There were 10 of them up today, and I guess someone else wanted this one too.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of the Hi trucks have those. I like them and was thinking 'bout bidding...'till I saw they were in Hawaii.

nattieleather

The cage might be from a maintence or supply unit. Service company maybe? They put the caging in the truck and also raise the height of the cargo cover which requires the cover to have a extra pannel of canvas sewn in. Then they fill the truck with maintence parts, tools etc. Then off to the field they go to fix what ever it is that breaks down. The caging helps keep everything secure.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Makes the deuce look like a chopper box to me but I do like them get a custom made tarp and you would have a pilerage proof back end with a few locks. I have seen trucks go for a song in Hawaii lots of time. I even though we should hire a tramp steamer and let me and Ferro use our sea legs to bring them back to the Left Coast or do a Panama crossing and run them to Georgia.