• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally...

Flea

I bought Mike/Rob's deuce for sale from the Classifieds section this past weekend. MAN this thing is a strong runner! I went the entire way home (roughly 330 miles) practically without downshifting out of 5th! I figured I'd have to pop it down into 4th for some of VA's hills, but this thing just kept accelerating! I'd have to back out at the top because I'd be turning 2500 and didn't want to go past redline!

There's some rust on the truck, but I knew that going down. Batteries were dead and won't take a charge, but again I knew and bought new batteries. Looks like the generator may be dead, as the batteries were losing charge by the end of the trip (got back at 10:00 after leaving at 3 from Rob's place).

BUT, it has Air-o-Matic, air-shift front end, whistler turbo, good tires, and a hard top! Spring-ride seats for both passenger and driver, and a hamm radio mount (which may be up for sale soon).

Couldn't be happier, and thanks to Mike & Rob for parting with a STRONG runner! :p

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice deal. I was looking at it too but couldn't get the tractor sold in time. Glad it went to a member

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am happy you like it, Flea! That was a great truck with a lot of power to it, that 1C turbo really adds some kick. What are your plans for the truck? Going to restore it, or just use it as a work/offroad rig?

Flea

Re: RE: Finally...

maddawg308 said:
Am happy you like it, Flea! That was a great truck with a lot of power to it, that 1C turbo really adds some kick. What are your plans for the truck? Going to restore it, or just use it as a work/offroad rig?
I'm shooting for Vietnam-era OD Forest Green (997b perhaps?) with the white star/unit markings. Cab will get some sound insulation, but will remain mostly stock. I'm going to add a 12V system for trailer brakes and some in-cab accessories. Then possibly a khaki canvas cover, and some lockout hubs for front and front-rear somewhere in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks