• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding a 24v starter

4STARDAD

I'm swapping the Tornado out for a stovebolt 230 and I'm starter lost...if you look up a starter for the 67 Chevy Camaro 230 I'm swapping usually it'll show you the same starter as the GM M1008 trucks...so I was just gonna buy the M1008 starter and alternator and keep my girl 24v....but...that cross-bolted starter isn't correct, it's the older style that bolts to the bellhousing instead of the engine block. Does anyone know of somewhere that would offer that older style starter in 24 volt?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm swapping the Tornado out for a stovebolt 230 and I'm starter lost...if you look up a starter for the 67 Chevy Camaro 230 I'm swapping usually it'll show you the same starter as the GM M1008 trucks...so I was just gonna buy the M1008 starter and alternator and keep my girl 24v....but...that cross-bolted starter isn't correct, it's the older style that bolts to the bellhousing instead of the engine block. Does anyone know of somewhere that would offer that older style starter in 24 volt?
It's an early 60s style starter with the bolts straight into the block. Like a 64 K10 pickup. Same thing used on an international scout.

You can run a 12v starter on 24v just make sure you have a thermal switch on the starter to interrupt when needed

4STARDAD

It's an early 60s style starter with the bolts straight into the block. Like a 64 K10 pickup. Same thing used on an international scout.

You can run a 12v starter on 24v just make sure you have a thermal switch on the starter to interrupt when needed
Thank you...you understood exactly what I meant

GopherHill

Maybe look at starters from a M135 or M211. GMC starters may work for your 230.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks