• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay Ohio 2021 show, May14-16

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went Friday and got to see new and old friends. It was perfect weather and there was good attendance.

A big thanks to Dave for being the SS express. And thanks also for the mirrors. I should have got 2 sets. One of the clamps that I didn't use to mount the mirror made a nice door stop instead of running it into the mirrors.

Attachments

Last edited:

snakeyes

agree was a very good show met old friends and made new friends got to meet other Vietnam vets bull shitted about the old days meet some other vets that where pilots there in Nam also some in the same areas that I was ,some the same years or prior we bull shitted also got to take my youngest son up again in a Huey , we had a very good time bought some things for my M715 s and my M725 ,thanks to all

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
agree was a very good show met old friends and made new friends got to meet other Vietnam vets bull shitted about the old days meet some other vets that where pilots there in Nam also some in the same areas that I was ,some the same years or prior we bull shitted also got to take my youngest son up again in a Huey , we had a very good time bought some things for my M715 s and my M725 ,thanks to all
I guess that was you then that bought the m715 carb/manifold from me--- I diddn't know you were fellow steelsoldiers at the time otherwise I would have introduced myself as the same.......

Z

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holly and I went up Friday night so we could get over there Sat for all day.

Vendor wise it was the largest I have seen as they had built a lot of extra facilities in preparation for the cancelled National MVPA show last year.

It was good to see old friends and the Findlay Show is the first event I went to as a new SS member in 2008.

We packed up leave and I texted Gimpy to see if anyone needed anything before we headed south from the hotel. No response so I called. I could tell he was in the Deuce and couldn't hear but I heard him yell MWMules broke down call Kipman. I get on the phone with Kip and he says Gimpy is in the Deuce and he was behind and Westy, Nicole and Dave were behind him headed to MWMules.

We took off south on I75 expecting to see them along the road. Yeah, they were along the road alright, headed north. WTH. The were at the end of the on-ramp for the rest area just south of Findlay. Westy had continued on and we did a u-turn at the first crossover we came and pulled in behind Kip just in time to the last of the stuff being loaded in Gimpy's Deuce and the back of Mules Dodge pickup. A tire had started rubbing against the frame of the trailer and began smoking so he had turned around through the median crossover as well. Highway patrol sitting there watching all of us or maybe he was sleeping.

Everyone left and another SS recovery done by Gimpy and Kip. Everyone, including MWMules (21:51EST) made it home safely although Westy had to stop twice due to truck problems.

Good times

snakeyes

I guess that was you then that bought the m715 carb/manifold from me--- I diddn't know you were fellow steelsoldiers at the time otherwise I would have introduced myself as the same.......

Z
no that wasn't me that bought those items could of been another friend bought two extra rims and tires ,plus a M37 wheel and tire for my M101 trailer as a spare ,didn't find much else I could use have been out of it for the last five or so years was injured and need surg. then the BS Covid came , oh and cant forget last day 0f December 2018 had a heart attack they say had a stint put in the first of where was your spot ,thanks

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, ok.......... I was right across from Gimpy and Mwmules in the large covered pavillion............

Z

67Beast

Z
Nope, that was me who bought the carb/manifold from you. Thanks.
I had a great time there and was able to pick up a few bits and pieces for a couple of projects I'm working on to finish before South Bend. One thing I still need to find though is 3 of the front blackout marker lights off the M38a1's and M151's. I found 1 of the 4 I needed. Everyone I asked said they had a bunch at home at the shop but didn't bring them. So if anyone has a few they want to get rid of let me know. Any condition is good as I'm replacing the guts.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Holly and I went up Friday night so we could get over there Sat for all day.

Vendor wise it was the largest I have seen as they had built a lot of extra facilities in preparation for the cancelled National MVPA show last year.

It was good to see old friends and the Findlay Show is the first event I went to as a new SS member in 2008.

We packed up leave and I texted Gimpy to see if anyone needed anything before we headed south from the hotel. No response so I called. I could tell he was in the Deuce and couldn't hear but I heard him yell MWMules broke down call Kipman. I get on the phone with Kip and he says Gimpy is in the Deuce and he was behind and Westy, Nicole and Dave were behind him headed to MWMules.

We took off south on I75 expecting to see them along the road. Yeah, they were along the road alright, headed north. WTH. The were at the end of the on-ramp for the rest area just south of Findlay. Westy had continued on and we did a u-turn at the first crossover we came and pulled in behind Kip just in time to the last of the stuff being loaded in Gimpy's Deuce and the back of Mules Dodge pickup. A tire had started rubbing against the frame of the trailer and began smoking so he had turned around through the median crossover as well. Highway patrol sitting there watching all of us or maybe he was sleeping.

Everyone left and another SS recovery done by Gimpy and Kip. Everyone, including MWMules (21:51EST) made it home safely although Westy had to stop twice due to truck problems.

Good times

Back home safe and sound even though a few of us had some problems getting home, like a trailer axle breaking off of a trailer at speed, fuel filters spraying the inside of a hot engine compartment then throwing fan belts or 3 hours of white knuckle driving in a severe thunder storm with hail!
All worth it to see and spend time with "annual" friends and meet new ones.
SWBdonut.jpg 2021trailera.jpg

2021trailerbadjuju.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks