• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Extinguisher

aleigh

The extinguisher was missing from my LMTV, and the bracket was broken (part of the hinged deal was missing). I am sure any extinguisher would do, but I wanted it to be original for whatever reason, so I tracked it down.

The bracket is an Amerex 861H. I don't know what exact extinguisher the military put in, but I bought an Amerex B479T, which is the Purple K stuff.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is one of the few things that I wasn't that concerned with being original. I just wanted to make sure I had one large enough and the right contents to cover any situation. I was able to use the original extinguisher mount and just added a 8lb Kidde ABC unit. And once I get a larger toolbox arrangement made where I can move the jack, tools, Robo impact, etc (probably inside the bed at the front) I'll toss my 2.5lb Purple K in the outside toolbox with the 1st Aid kit.