• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

firestone t831's

Burgerboy13

Do the Firestone T831's offer a better ride quality compared to the the stock NDT's? Also how much faster can you go with the added tire size?

Josh

yesm they last longer, and give way better traction in any condition over the NDT. im assuming you are going to go with 11R20's, if thats the case they should bump your speed up to about 60, if im not mistaken.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

scooter01922

I don't know about ride qual, or speed or any of that. BUT what i do know is that there was a tan deuce at the GA rally with those still set up dual. That truck made every it over anything and everything with ease. Stuff that had deuces on 395 stuck looked like no effort at all. For my money those make a deuce a real offraod machine, but at thier price tag i would expect no less.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Scoot, alot of that had more to do with the duals having a wider foot print. Where you put your tires makes alot of difference when off road.

scooter01922

Agreed gimp, still he did make it a few spots i thought for sure would not be made without several attempts, he just cruised right thru.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scoot, alot of that had more to do with the duals having a wider foot print. Where you put your tires makes alot of difference when off road.

scooter01922 said:
Agreed gimp, still he did make it a few spots i thought for sure would not be made without several attempts, he just cruised right thru.
Gimp, you are correct, the duals do have a wider footprint, and that did make them go places a little easier than the super singles did...but that deuce with the "stones" even made the other dualies look like they were struggling.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do ride a lot better, and look good too!

Now that is a sharp looking truck.

What are you running on the rear and front of that truck...the tread patterns are just slightly different...or is it just because of ones being drive tires and the others are steering tires????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks