• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firetruck from Winslow Township, NJ to Preston, OK.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local volunteer fire department has bought a pumper/tanker and needs to get it hauled from Winslow Township, NJ to Preston, OK.

It's 38' long, 10' high, 8' wide. Weight is 45,000 pounds.
It will fit on a step deck trailer, but the problem is the only loading dock we have available to load it is too steep and the truck will bottom out on it. We 'think' the loading dock we have available on this end to unload it will work.

That said, the best option to haul it would probably be a removable neck or tilt deck type trailer.
Time frame to move it is flexible, but would like to do it in about two weeks.

These are the only pictures I have to upload right now.

Thanks!

@simp5782

Screenshot_20210621-164356_Pulse.jpgScreenshot_20210621-164413_Pulse.jpg

fasttruck

The average fire truck is likely geared for 52 miles an hour. Talk to the guys who road run them from Pierce in Appleton, WI to the east coast. Years ago my chief was talking about driving a pumper from NJ to New Orleans for Katrina relief. I assured him the crew would be zombies after 100 miles out and suggested trailering it and send the crew by plane or at least in a SUV. Fortunately the mission was scrubbed at the last minute so it didn't become an issue. The typical fire truck is not designed for sustained interstate operations. Many places the longest run is less than 30 minutes and the creature comforts reflect that.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to update everyone...

It took way too long to get through all the red tape between the two departments, but we finally took delivery of the tanker/pumper!

Nick at United States of Freight did a great job getting the transportation worked out. It needed a specialty trailer because of the approach/departure angles, but Nick found someone that could haul it. Everything went off without a hitch, and it was actually one of the easiest experiences I've ever had trying to get a piece of equipment hauled. United States of Freight has gained another customer.

media-1630069921388-Aug_27_2021_08_12.jpgmedia-1630192199468-Aug_27_2021_14_01.jpg20210830_1101120.jpg20210830_1106390.jpg20210830_1128070.jpg

fasttruck

Bad idea to drive it!!! Almost guaranteed to break down. Our similar older pumpers at my fd have their own parking spot at the city garage.
Fire trucks typically have tall rear axle ratios and most of them max out at about 52 mph. They are not designed to be interstaters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks