• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce... East Orlando, FL

kooldadd

Starting another thread... I kinda hijacked someone else's.

Picked up a '75 last Saturday. Wasn't getting fuel to injectors and got some good advice on that. Problem fixed. Now, I have to gas rag it to start it and it won't idle without a little bit of throttle. I'm not getting any oil pressure when cranking. I'm not very proficient in diesels, but I think there has to be oil pressure for the injectors to operate correctly.??

Everything else works correctly except for the air assist on the brakes. I can hear an air leak under the bed, but I'll hit that later.

Btw... these friggin trucks are bad ass!! I drove mine around the block at about 3mph just to say I've driven it. Can't wait to be able to hit highway speeds. I have 4 jeeps of various years and models that don't go any faster, so I'll be happy with the top speed of the deuce.

Thank you in advance for any advice you would be so kind to offer... I'll update as much as possible.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The multi fuel engine can take up to 30 sec to build oil pressure once started, and dunno about highway speeds lol . I would suggest doing the pm's on it before any real driving .

FloridaAKM

You will get the fuel problem figured out and then get to figure out how many smiles per gallon you get when you take her out for a spin. The Mt. Dora MV show is this weekend, you might want to stop by if you are not busy & checkout all the exhibits; you might even find the right person who gives you the key to fix your problem!