• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First m.v. New deuce at home

ctmustang

Hey yaw ,
left at 630h this morning for columbia s.c. To look at deuce.
Nice clean truck that had been restored some years before.
Ran and drove great new breaks and wheel cylinders new filters-tires only 30percent left but for the price i figured tires is no big deal since i work at an auto repair shop and used to know how to do split rims. Couldnt get break lights to work i guess it has break lights somebody tell me if im wrong.. And sometimes the idle surges if anybody has any ideas let me know. Uneventful trip home other than raining like heck and being a softtop meant me and my older brother were a little soaked. Thank heavens for ear protection and rainex. It made the 225 miles back home a little more bearable.
Enjoy the pics of the trip ............
C.t.:-d:-d:-d:-d

Attachments

ctmustang

Had a chase car following didn't just fall off the hey wagon. Was offered the winch but declined did not want a winch or to have to load the heavy b------.great eye for detail there by the way.

ctmustang

New deuce

Hey thanks rtj
should have brought the winch home and gave to somebody but was ready to head for the barn. Was in my price range. I really appreciate all your time and input it really helped me alot
talk to you soon

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very good. Congrats.

I assume you guys had the headlight switch to the correct spot?

FormerNewMVGuy

They make a stop light switch upgrade kit, most surplus guys have'em. The switch is located on the airpack. the old style switch'es tend to go bad after awhile.
Good luck with the new rig.

ctmustang

deuce

would just like to give a big thank you to SS and everyone who helped me on my way to my first m.v. this is a great site and a lot of great people.thanks again.
C.T.:razz:

KaiserPower

Nice rig you found for yourself... I noticed in pic #3 that your air switch braket for the front axel is bent outward... it caught my eye because my rig had the same bent up braket when I got it a few months back. Still haven't figured out how it got that way, but a few minutes on the end of the welding table and a brass hammer made it as good as NOS again. Good luck with your new lady.

C

cmvpa

leave em on charles. we can make you a step plate that goes over the opening and that will give you a good place to stand when doing stuff under the hood. i will post some pics of one's i did when i find them.