• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Ride in M715!

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_2042.jpg

I purchased this truck from the GSA last December and finally got her on the road today! I converted the brakes using the F350 wheel cylinders and added a dual brake reservoir. It has the original engine and it runs great! I am planning to add new canvas for the top and seats.

Blitz

Very Nice and Congratulations !

As soon as the M715zone comes back on line, Be sure to post a few pics there as well !

its nice having brakes huh ?

I bet everyone who sees it stares :)

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1673.jpgIMG_1664.jpgIMG_1662.jpg Thanks for the comments. I am very excited to get this truck out and about. I did get quite a few comments and stares on the road. As a friend of mine says, "You are the Grand Marshal of your own parade when you drive the M715!"

Last edited:

kvflyer

That looks great and I can certainly identify with that first ride. When I drove my truck for the first time in 40 some years, what a thrill. If you are on "The Zone", you may have seen the video that I posted of a friend who drove my truck for the first time since he was in Germany in the 70s.

A wonderful feeling and congratulations also!!!