• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fitted a winch today

L7apk

I bought a winch and most of the parts to go with it, last week. One reason for this was because I have had trouble with the truck bouncing on the motorway. I've had another thread running about this and have had some usefull advise, but the bucking/ bobbing/ bouncing was always still there, even taking the rear prop off, it reduced it massivally, but it was still under lying. A friend has a duece with a winch and last year also had one without. the latter bounced and the winch truck ran smoothly. Someone else also mentioned that the duece is better balenced with a winch. So I located one down sowth, nice chap had a hummer and a few other interesting pieces. So today , after a visit to the nut and bolt shop , I fitted it. Straight forward job, no problems, just wish i'd put the drive shaft through the hole before bolting on the winch. But managed to take off the front engine mount and squeeze it though. Tried it out , all wire rope off and then wound back on , great. Trip up the M65 and what a differance, ran smooth as hell , no bobbin, bouncing or anything else , just ran great. Now the truck looks fantastic and drives just as well. Thanks for all the suggestions for fixing it , but the winch has done the job :D