• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fixed my transmission problem! M1028

WARWAG

Today I FINALLY got my transmission to work properly! Thanks for all the help guys. Indeed it was a vacuum leak problem. Ive been working on the problem for maybe 2 hours at max. That includes going into town to get the parts. I purchased all new vacuum lines. That didnt fix the problem? So I decided to install hose clamps on each line as suggested. Went into town and was thinking theres no way there could be that much vacuum on the lines to requier hose clamps. But I purchased them anyway. I also spied some clear tubing with the right size opening. So I bought some. I wanted to see what was going on when I pushed the hose on each connector. Glad I did! I removed all of the new hoses. And then pushed on the clear hose. The very first one showed where the leak was. It was on top and is the one that goes to the transmission HARD LINE. The hard line must have been defective from day one. When they made that end the tubeing was stretched and became tapered for about 1-1/4". You could see the end that is flared was not getting a very good seal at all. In fact if you moved the hose at any angle you would loose what poor seal you had to begin with. I pushed the tube down to about 1-1/2" and it was a good seal. So I cut a new piece for that section and used a hose clamp on that end to make sure it doesnt ever move again. The transmission shifts beautifully! Now instead of shifting at 25 to 2nd gear it shifts at around 8 mph to 15 depending on how much juice im giving her. I love it when a problem is fixed. Thanks guys for all the help.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a great feeling knowing YOU found and fixed it.

And yeah, the folks here are a great resource, a great knowledge base and greatly supportive.

And you KNEW this was coming - WHAT NO PIX???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks