• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixin old 274....need help!

k1hb

the airfilter is contained in a sturdy container, looking like two pans clamped together by three do-hickeys, spring loaded snap on clips, dont know the name of these. before lookin for a new bottom to the airfilter, can i find these clips somewhere? spot weld them on, or screw them on? anybody have a source and name for these clips?

starting it totally drained my car battery and fried cables!
so...

took the starter out (managed without taking top off!): brought it to the shop: starter was good.
engine full of oil, handcranks, so not seized, starter gear sounds normal....now i am worried and will need lots of help!
Dave: tks for your offer for fone support: when is a good time to call you without being a pest?

fred

Pagan

A business located approx. 50 miles from me was advertising M274 parts a while back. Army Surplus Warehouse, (208 529-4753, 7012 S. Daisy Ln, Idaho Falls, Idaho, 83402. They might list 274 parts on their website-www.armysurpluswarehouse.com. Hope they have what you are looking for. Pagan

k1hb

found what i was lookin for at mechanicalmulesofamerica.com, terry markarian. very pleasant and competent

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is an ebay seller with a bunch of unusual mule hardware.