• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Deck Carrier Body/Platform for M812A1

m139h2otruck

Anyone know anything about a flat deck carrier body for use with the M812A1 bridge truck? Just found references to this while running a search on Google. This would work great on the new truck, but for the over-width problem. Will have to research the requirements in NH for use of an over-width truck if we can find such a body/deck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There exists a pallet that is loaded and unloaded just like a rolloff dumpster. You can drive your HMMWV right up on the pallet, lash it down and load the pallet right on the truck. I've seen a few trucks with them but not many. I think you can even put a Conex box on the pallet.

m139h2otruck

Ted's

Emailed Ted @ Ted"s Trucks and his reply was that his beds are not for bridge trucks and as far as he knew, M812A1's only were used for bridges and boats. Anyone know of any other venders?
Thanks

derby

RE: Ted

I have only seen two types of beds on these trucks,the removable side, flat bed with big roller in rear and the type I have ,with the big lift arm and hydraulic winch with rollers on sides.are you talking about the ladder?If you are ,I could try and post some pics of it.this is the one Recovry4x4 is talking about.I have only seen the pallets with the aluminum bridge boats.

westfolk

RE: Ted

I was going to post before but I wanted to find the pic. I still have not found the pic, too many cds. Then I forgot about it. However, as Kenny says above. You can put whatever on it. It is setup for putting a 20' container on. The pic I have, somewhere, this is sitting on a full trailer(permanent mounted front axle) It has a brace, or whatever, in the front so a roll-off or hook truck can grab it and pull it on. I don't know how it is loaded/unloaded on the trailer(it is a mil unit). I'll keep looking for the pic then you'll have a darn good idea of what I mean.

m139h2otruck

Truck Bed

There is a picture in CSI, Inc. ad in the latest Rock & Dirt that is exactly what I was looking for. The problem is , I am unsure if it was used with the M812A1 trucks or another system. Also the shipping from GA to NH for what I think is a body 11' wide would be very expensive. This is a picture of my new truck (which I won't even see until tomorrow!) showing the rear deck area and the a-frame used with the winch to load bridge sections. If I can get a bed, I think we will leave it as is and try and get around the over-width problems somehow.

Attachments

westfolk

RE: Truck Bed

My lastest Rock & Dirt has become "kids" property. So I don't know where it is to look at. I found the PIC. No wonder I couldn't find it on any CDs. It is a Polaroid. I just happen to see it while grabbing piles. My scanner is an all-in-one deal and my computer hates it. So it is not hooked. I can fax it. This thing is 94-96" wide and a hair over 20' long. Not the best pic.
The overwidth issue.....I remember someone changing the offset on the rims and running supersingles. Put them right at 102" I think. The bed was changed of course. Someone else got more on that.

gmayor

RE: Truck Bed

The secondary mission of bridge companies was to be cargo haulers with their trucks. They had flat racks for their M812s to convert the trucks to haul cargo. They were usually kept in the motor pool in stacks. If so directed they would drop their bridge sections and boats and put flat racks on. At least this is what 73rd Bridge Company at Ft. Lewis had, and E Company, 12th Engineer BN at Dexheim, Germany did when I was there. I do not believe they are interchangeable with the PLL system. I have seen them in the past on GL though. Hope this helps. I don't know with the new vehicles they are using now if they still have a cargo mission if needed.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pallet works great. I had one on my bridge truck. Took a while to get the hang of loading and loading.

Those pics are from CSI.

Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks