• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flat towing question

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i have to move my truck with its bad clutch to a friends shop with a big enough lift to get the truck up in the air for repairs. i plan on moving it with a tow bar. do i have to remove a drive shaft or axles or is it ok to just put the transfer case in nuetral?? im moving it about 30 miles doing about 55 mph or so most of the way hooked to an M813

bugs

we just went from drmo chambersburg pa to east nj towing 2 m35 s flat towing with no problem when in nuetral 55 mph for 4 hrs or so.

M1075

I do believe there are different towing procedures (according to the -10) depending on whether you have a sprag or air-shift transfer.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To be on the safe side, pull the driveline hubs off the front, and the drive shafts from the rears. Now that you have been given the correct way to do it, I usually just put the trucks in neutral. I have yet to screw something up, but I have only been into larger trucks for a year. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks