• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flat towing

looks like i will need to flat tow my latest treasure about 150 miles. its a 5 ton tractor. any thing i should watch out for other than pulling the front and rear shafts off the transfer case and checking oil levels in the diffs ? i will be dragging it with my XM818. just checking as it never hurts to get a 2nd opinion.

westfolk

Check the latest forum posts. Safely towing M35-how far? It should cover any of your questions, even for 5 ton.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=72353
The one thing I would do is check the 5 ton to see if you can establish brakes. If you can get the brakes working you can hook up air and run them with the 818s brakes. Thats the nice part about 5 tons. You will need 2 air hoses for this. Dave, one day you need to share that pic of the back of the M131A4 with this list. I think lots of folks would be moved by it as I was.