• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flipping hubs on M813 - are in/out wheel bearings the same?

dma251

I've got the drum/hub off, and flipped around and bolted back together. My question is do I just replace the seal on the opposite side of the hub? What about the wheel bearings? They look the same.

Do I just keep the bearings in the same positions as before with the same races, or do I try to remove the races and switch their positions too.

Also, I looked hard and couldn't find any keyway seal that everyone is talking about. The little bit of rubber or leather I've heard others speak of. I see it on the tech manual. How do I replace it? What should it look like?

Thanks for the help

rmgill

RE: Flipping hubs on M813 - are in/out wheel bearings the sa

What tires are you putting on them? If you're singling it out with 14x20 tires I don't believe you need to flip the hubs.

dma251

RE: Flipping hubs on M813 - are in/out wheel bearings the sa

I'm running 16-20's, and I want to run the wheels bolts out like the front. Flipping them puts them just right.

skull bone

i was wondering if that date was right just saw it today i just put 1600-20s on my truck and i was told that Flipping hubs helps with alignment