• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida MV Owners

ApopkaFL

Banned
I am in a pickle, My in the A3 build. I thought I had the correct U bolt / plates but I found out today they are for the REAR. I am in need for some FRONT U-bolt plates. I am in Winter Haven FL, anyone close to me have any that I can buy? The rear axle is ready to go in but I need those plates..... I have the top that the U-blots hang over.

Rodman

A

A/C Cages

I wish I could help you out, But I gave everything I had to Grant.
PM Grant at GulfStreamDriver on here. I know he has most everything over there in Sebastion FL.. Thats not too far away.
Hope that helps??

A

A/C Cages

I just spoke to Grant, sorry he doesnt have one. But I will keep my eyes out for both of you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only have A2 parts....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried GreenGem? MAtt was at the Fla rally(when I was there) selling stuff. I think he parts trucks often.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to cut off the top of those, so they don't hit the frame?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, cut the ears off and put a snubber on. I doubt you will load it enough to bottom out, but it might hit if you get it cocked off roading.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, to wide! U-bolts spread to far apart at the top, and not pulling perpendicular to the lower plate, => asking for trouble.
Get the correct ones!

G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, don't discard those U-bolts. You have a torch; red-hot, that material can easily be bent to conform the more squared shape required for the front spring saddle. When done just let them cool down slowly.

G.

A

A/C Cages

Ive seen someone try to use heated copper tubing, sliding it over the whole ubolt exept for the threads... Within about 3 years of offroading, he finally had to change them out.
Redneck repairs. But it worked!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks