• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida SF-97?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I googled to no avail. I have my SF-97 for my M1009. What is the process from here? Walk into the tax collectors office with the SF-97 and...? What am I looking at for fees? Lost on this part, oh and the truck is not drivable at present to make matters more convoluted. Thank you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When GL sells a vehicle to a FL resident, they issue a FL title. If they issued you the SF97 you should also have a re-assignment letter with it. If you bought the vehicle from a private seller and he passed the SF97 on to you, you are in for a steep uphill battle.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I got it from gsaauctions. They were pretty slow to respond originally. I do have the completed form though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA, that's better, the SF should be in your name. Take that and your paid invoice to the tag agency and apply for a title. If you want tags you need your insurance into too. If you don't plan on driving it, plan to sign an affidavit swearing it won't be on the road.

Adam, When you apply they will automatically send you paperwork for a title.