• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flow of deuce heater core.

bottleworks

Does anyone know the flow pattern of the heater core in the stock heating system? How much of a pain do you think it will be to purge the air out of it upside down? I believe I may have to solder a bleeder on the (stock) bottom side.... I would just like to avoid that if all possible. :shock:

bottleworks

Do you know if it flows parallel or in series? I didn't pay attention to the design. If it is in series, the air should be forced through. I just practiced adding a bleeder on a scrap heater core. It turned out well, so it's not that big of a deal to add one. I just have to take everything apart again. :(

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
direction of flow?? so THAT'S why my heater keeps bowing freezing cold air at me in the summer! If only I had known..

Seriously, the top of the case of the heater can be opened with some screws if I am not mistaken, and you can examine the heater core to discern the actual fow.. Might have to unscrew the petcock to do so. The petcock on the top serves to remove air bubbles, not sure how to de-air it if inverted. Why is it upside down?

bottleworks

If you take a look at my avatar, you can kind-of see what's going on. I have taken a stock heater box, changed it around a bit and added an A/C evaporator. Soon vents, ducting, etc. It will be full A/C or full heat system. A heater valve controlled by an electric solenoid will control the coolant flow to the heater. It's one of the little projects I am doing... I will pull it out tomorrow and add a bleeder.

bottleworks

Well, I removed it. It's a series-parallel design. Starts with 4 flow paths in parallel. Gets to the opposite side and flows back in 5 flow paths and finally does another 180 and flows to the end in 4 flow paths. So overtime, most of the air would be pushed out. It would still leave some air in the tanks, but only a small amount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks