• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Injectors

sadpopeye03

I recently purchased a non running 419 that was missing the intake pipe I new it was a risk but didn't have the money to spend on a moving one. I pulled the valve cover finding what I was afraid of (see pic). I took an inspection camera to the intake and surprisingly look good. I obviously want to remove the dirt dauber nest but was thinking that it would be a good idea to fill the cylinders with a diesel ATF or Kerosene ATF combo and was wondering if there are any special tools or unexpected difficulty pulling the injectors, to "flush" the cylinders.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had something similar once and was afraid that the dirt would go down into the cylinder. I was able to snake 1/4 inch copper tubing down into the cylinder and I put high pressure air on it. I was then able to dig out the dirt and virtually 100% of the dirt was blown out by the air. I then finished up with a tooth brush to get what remained on the sides, still using the air.