• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Injectors

sadpopeye03

I recently purchased a non running 419 that was missing the intake pipe I new it was a risk but didn't have the money to spend on a moving one. I pulled the valve cover finding what I was afraid of (see pic). I took an inspection camera to the intake and surprisingly look good. I obviously want to remove the dirt dauber nest but was thinking that it would be a good idea to fill the cylinders with a diesel ATF or Kerosene ATF combo and was wondering if there are any special tools or unexpected difficulty pulling the injectors, to "flush" the cylinders.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had something similar once and was afraid that the dirt would go down into the cylinder. I was able to snake 1/4 inch copper tubing down into the cylinder and I put high pressure air on it. I was then able to dig out the dirt and virtually 100% of the dirt was blown out by the air. I then finished up with a tooth brush to get what remained on the sides, still using the air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks