• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flywheel flexplate help

M1008driver

I know they are the same thing...I am searching and not finding what I am looking for.

I changed my M1008 starter and noticed some teeth are missing on my flywheel. I saw one last week that claimed to be stronger and can't find it again. Any ideas?

What kind of flywheel do I need for the 6.2 J code diesel?

Westech

CPL
A flex plate is not the same as a fly wheel... Flex plate is for auto trans and fly wheel is for Manual trans.

you can get one from Autozone or whoever for under 40 bucks

M1008driver

Makes sense to me. I hope I am getting the flexplate...they called it a flywheel, but I don't think there is a manual Humvee and CUCV's unless they are converted.

You are bidding on:(1) Flywheel

PART# 14077157
NSN# 2815-01-148-3771
Alternate Part# 14061682 or 5740037
Condition: New
Used On: Civilian Hummer H1, Humvee, HMMWV, Chevrolet or GM vehicles with 6.2L or 6.5L Diesel Engine M1008 & M1009
Flywheel

• The flywheel is connected directly to the clutch, allowing torque to transfer between the transmission and the engine. The flywheel can dampen engine vibration and provide a surface for the clutch to contact.
Flexplate

• The flexplate mounts the torque converter--which is a device that can multiply torque when there is a difference between rotational speeds--to the crankshaft.
Identification

• A flywheel can vary greatly depending on whether it is light, so that it can spin quickly, or heavy, so that it has more inertia once it is spinning. A flexplate is typically stamped steel with a ring gear welded on.
EDIT-
14077157 FLYWHEEL,ENGINE
3727207 BOLT,MACHINE (QTY 6)

Last edited:

bkwudzhom

I would buy one from Advanced or Autozone. It is possible that the one you get off of e-bay is not completely true. If the one you buy from a box store isn't true it is much easier to return it.

M1008driver

I would buy one from Advanced or Autozone. It is possible that the one you get off of e-bay is not completely true. If the one you buy from a box store isn't true it is much easier to return it.
There is wisdom in your words. I will keep my EBAY flexplate as a spare and I ordered a Pioneer flexplate from AutoZone. It is such a hassle putting one in that I do not want to do it many times. Thanks everyone for the input...

DrJekl

I just bought one from a guy on ebay. NOS GI still in the oirginal packaging shipped for $35. It arrived in two days and is a GI replacement unit. I sent him an offer of $35 shipped and he agreed.

14077157 Flywheel GM Humvee 6.2L 6.5L Diesel M1008 1009