• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flywheel

Lawrence of Arabia

Had to take the flywheel out finally as it has been grinding since I picked it up from GL 2 years ago. Can anyone that has pulled the flywheel tell me how many teeth are suppose to be on the M1009 flywheel?

The parts store found that it should have 136 teeth for a TH400 and 139 for a 700R4. I have a 400 with 139 teeth, which is not listed. Just don't want to put in the wrong one and have the same problem. Can't imagine it had the wrong flywheel, but you never know.

91W350

You want to make sure you get a flywheel for a 6.2 as it is externally balanced. Did you notice the large weight spot welded into the original? Without that counter weight, you will have a horrible vibration and short bearing and crank life. Glen

Lawrence of Arabia

Well I bought a flywheel for a 700R4 with a 6.2 because Car Quest and Auto Value did not list a 400 with a 6.2. Got the flywheel bolted up as it looked the same. Got the tranny back in place and bolted, only to find that the converter bolt holes were off by 1/4".

Went on ebay and bought the one mentioned above. NOS flywheel $42.00 Vs. buying it from the Chevy dealer for $225.00. Long story even longer, I got it back in tonight and my wife got her parking spot back in front of the garage.

Thanks for everyones help that gave input.

Ken_86gt

Glad to hear that you got one. By any chance do you have the part number for the one that didn't fit? It would be good to document as in the future someone may not be able to obtain the NOS one. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks