• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Gen 1 Air condition

Smittym1078

I just got the Red Dot Gen 1 evaporator. Planning to install soon. Does any one can help me out to find the wiring for Gen 1 A/C? Great help..

Smittym1078

I doubt the wiring is any different. I would recommend you just get the harness from Tom:

I posted the trinary switch pinout in my AC installation post in case you desire to change that out for a different model like I did.
I have GEN 1 red dot. Does it same wiring as the Gen 2?

Attachments

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show us the connections at the back..... but given that the Gen 2 basically plugged into the existing heater wiring and then only required the AC harness I linked to above I wouldn't think the Gen 1 would be any different. The AC harness has a 24v lead from the PDP (I ran mine to the 24v main relay and used an inline fuse), and then has connections for the fans, compressor, trinary switch, and fording switch (fan relay ground).

Smittym1078

Show us the connections at the back..... but given that the Gen 2 basically plugged into the existing heater wiring and then only required the AC harness I linked to above I wouldn't think the Gen 1 would be any different. The AC harness has a 24v lead from the PDP (I ran mine to the 24v main relay and used an inline fuse), and then has connections for the fans, compressor, trinary switch, and fording switch (fan relay ground).
See attached

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks