• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV wiper bottom position.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed when my windshield wipers go up the driver side one doesn't go far enough towards the A pillar. I positioned the first two wipers a little bit higher and then tested it out. I noticed when they dock under momentary usage it's not the far down position that they dock in. When it stops its cycle and then continues again it dips down first before going back up. Is this normal? Wouldn't the lowest point supposed to be the docking point that it would stop at? Perhaps there's some leaver or something that I need to adjust inside?
Click the link for the video: FMTV wiper cycle

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yours have probably done what mine did and the lever at the motor has slipped on the splines. The motor is under the PDP and you can loosen the nut and move the lever on the splined taper drive on the motor to line up it's parking location with the wipers at their lowest point. Mine the nut was just slightly loose and my lever slipped on the splines and my wipers were parking straight up and down. Really easy fix though.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yours have probably done what mine did and the lever at the motor has slipped on the splines. The motor is under the PDP and you can loosen the nut and move the lever on the splined taper drive on the motor to line up it's parking location with the wipers at their lowest point. Mine the nut was just slightly loose and my lever slipped on the splines and my wipers were parking straight up and down. Really easy fix though.
Thanks for the info man I'm going to try that soon!

Third From Texas

Yeah, one of these days....

Untitled.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks