• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Foiled by the m35....again!

panzerbob

Last weekend I attempted to pick up my 35, for the 2nd time. This time the batteries were charged, we had fuel and the title had finally cleared. She started up first time, idled well, and I was getting ready to leave...but discovered I had no brakes. aua

Crawled under the truck, discovered that the previous owner had disconnected the rear brakes. just behind the master cylinder. That took about 3 hours to fix, and re-bleed the system. OK now it is getting dark, so I tested the lights as I would be driving at night, the turn indicators are not working. When inspected the civi turn indicators, they have had the wires cut, and the bulb sockets are broken and will not accept bulbs. In that same re-wiring job that left the turn indicators impotent, they also cut the wires to the brake lights. :x

The frustrating part is that the truck is in so nice condition, still cammoed, engine is clean, and runs without missing a beat, they have just done some stupid things on it. Luckily my motor sergeant is taking pity on his poor LT and looking for some discarded turn indicators assemblies that we can put on the truck.

So I decided that in the interest of safety, i would not wind the truck through the mountains without lights. I need to drive 5 hours again, to hopefully get the truck. The good news is that I remembered my camera to get you all pictures, it is sitting in the cab of the truck right now aua

For you sci-fi fans, maddawg308, you will appreciate this one, I decided to name the M35 "Serenity." I got a little bit of wheel time, and while driving it around the property a searchlight that was mounted on the cab fell off, someone had stolen the bolts. This thing made the most horrendous crashing sound, and my co-pilot looked over with perfect timing and said "what was that?"

Gabriel "I still don't have my truck" Peterman

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
panzerbob said:
For you sci-fi fans, maddawg308, you will appreciate this one, I decided to name the M35 "Serenity." I got a little bit of wheel time, and while driving it around the property a searchlight that was mounted on the cab fell off, someone had stolen the bolts. This thing made the most horrendous crashing sound, and my co-pilot looked over with perfect timing and said "what was that?"
I love it! Good name for a project vehicle, whether a M35 or a spaceship, but I'll tell you one thing - "serenity" is one thing you WON'T get if you're behind the wheel of a deuce!

One thing being a deuce owner/operator is that it is always an adventure, never just a "trip". And even with the little mechanical problems you have, the effort is always worthwhile, and the adventure is always interesting! :)

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die? :)

acetomatoco

RE: Re: Foiled by the m35....again!

Now you know why us old guys just fax a release to a reliable trucker and give him a coffee when he pulls in the yard with our new trucks....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Now you know why us old guys just fax a release to a reliable trucker and give him a coffee when he pulls in the yard with our new trucks....

Where's the adventure in that, Ace? What happened to all that "peeing off the side of the truck, waving at the Germans" "espirit de corps"?

alphadeltaromeo

Clint...old guys...don't want adventure :D der hearts can't take it no mo :grd:

But, ACE does have a great point...I can support that thinking :D

jatonka

Ace and a few of us "old guys" are making a little road trip next year, say 3400 miles give or take a few to Oregon, just to put our wheels in the Pacific. That ought to be excitement enough. Always better to let the trucker get her home the first time. I used to be the official Acetomatoeco trucker til fuel got too high. John T out :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Some of "us old guys" would rather tow the old gal home. :)
I think it has to do with money too. Born in '44.........

Panzerbob hang in there, we are here for you! Look for a spare turn signal flasher and read up on how to replace it, you never know .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks