• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Footman's Loop Mounting Location

hmcs95

Merry Christmas!

I need to mount the footman loops on the humvee hood but don't know the exact location to drill. It would be greatly appreciated if someone here can take a measurement as shown in the attached photo and reply to this message.

Dimension X= ?
Dimension Y= ?

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They correspond with the straps on the inside of windshield frame for folding down and transporting. There would also be 2 rubber bumpers on the outside of the WS frame to support it when strapped down.

ikoinu

Yes. If you can wait another day, I'll be back at my place and I'll measure it for you.

Additionally, there appears to be 2 different sizes of footman loops offered. I have a wider set on mine, and ordered some take offs to replace them (rust). The ones I got were supposed to be from a humvee also but were a little shorter.

hmcs95

Yes. If you can wait another day, I'll be back at my place and I'll measure it for you.

Additionally, there appears to be 2 different sizes of footman loops offered. I have a wider set on mine, and ordered some take offs to replace them (rust). The ones I got were supposed to be from a humvee also but were a little shorter.
Great! Yes, I can wait. I'm not aware a specific ones are used for the humvee but it's good to know. The footman loops I have, measured between holes, center to center is 2 11/16". Not sure if this is the longer or shorter.

Thank you for helping me with this, sir.

cwajciec

Sorry
It reads 2 1/8” to the first screw, then 5 1/4” to the second, then 23 1/4” to the third, then 26 3/8” to the last. Measured from the passenger side radiator screen seam with the body. Measure up 7” from the screen and then over those dimensions and drill your holes using the loops as a template. Should get you close enough.

hmcs95

Sorry
It reads 2 1/8” to the first screw, then 5 1/4” to the second, then 23 1/4” to the third, then 26 3/8” to the last. Measured from the passenger side radiator screen seam with the body. Measure up 7” from the screen and then over those dimensions and drill your holes using the loops as a template. Should get you close enough.
Thank you, sir! Have a great evening!

Action

I just knew a great reply was sure to come!!!!! WOW No better way to show a new member how to answer a legit question.....
I was serious. If there are any slight variations of where the straps are on the w/s frame or the alignment of the hood, it might not line up if he was to ever strsp it down. By folding the w/s down, it will be clear on where to mount the loops.

NormB

I just knew a great reply was sure to come!!!!! WOW No better way to show a new member how to answer a legit question.....

That IS almost EXACTLY the correct answer. As others mentioned, you can expect minor variations in strap location and other than for simple ornamentation, if it’s functionality and correct placement for future use, the frame really should be folded down to be certain.

OTOH, there’s likely some TM somewhere showing the actual placement data, but original factory assembly line manuals? I’ve never even heard of anyone having a copy anywhere, anytime.

BTW: I think it’s interesting that the windshield frames come WITH straps (mine did), but the hoods didn’t. I’m wondering if there’s a TB or PS magazine piece somewhere showing how this is to be done in the motor pool.

FWIW.

Last edited:

dilvoy

That IS almost EXACTLY the correct answer. As others mentioned, you can expect minor variations in strap location and other than for simple ornamentation, if it’s functionality and correct placement for future use, the frame really should be folded down to be certain.

OTOH, there’s likely some TM somewhere showing the actual placement data, but original factory assembly line manuals? I’ve never even heard of anyone having a copy anywhere, anytime.

BTW: I think it’s interesting that the windshield frames come WITH straps (mine did), but the hoods didn’t. I’m wondering if there’s a TB or PS magazine piece somewhere showing how this is to be done in the motor pool.

FWIW.
Hoods get switched all the time, especially from trucks that are being turned in. Some hoods from hard tops get put onto soft tops, thus hoods with the SA Armored Grilles and no footman loops being found on soft tops.